The Entrepreneur Stream is for experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in Nova Scotia. They must start a new business or buy an existing business and must actively participate in the day-to-day management of the business. After operating the business for a year, the entrepreneur may be nominated for permanent resident status. Application to the stream is by invitation only.
To apply you must:
· be 21 years of age or older;
· want to live permanently in Nova Scotia while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotia business;
· have a net worth of at least $600,000 CAD;
· be able to invest at least $150,000 CAD of your own money to establish a business in Nova Scotia;
· have at least 3 years’ experience actively managing and owning a business (1/3 ownership minimum) OR more than 5 years’ experience in a senior business management role;
· have a score of at least 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English or French;
· complete an online Expression of Interest;
· receive an Invitation to Apply from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.